Saturday, April 25, 2009

Natural Body Powders & Handmade Soaps

PegasusSoaps.ArtFire.com rocks my world. Not only does she make hot/cold processed soap(I am a soap-whore-extraordinaire and I know what the good stuff feels like) but she has also expanded her line to now include whipped soaps in a jar, skin scrubs and waxes, bath salts, yummy lip balms, and even scented soy melts.

Here's the cream of the crop in my book-


Silky All Over Body Powder, $7.00 for a 6oz shaker bottle. Ingredients: kaolin clay, arrowroot powder, rice powder, baking soda, corn starch, and any one of the gazillion scents she has to choose from.

Come ON!!?? What's not to love here? You get someone ELSE to do the rocket science of tinkering around with all these powders to come up with the perfect blend and then we get to put in the buyer's notes, "by the way, I want _______ scent to be added to it." I adore customizable products, don't you? It makes me feel pampered. Loved. And definitely appreciated as a customer.

I have not been able to find any other seller with this all natural recipe for body powder for this kind of price tag. Seriously. You gotta splurge and grab a bottle of this stuff! Treat your skin to what a REAL natural product is instead of automatically grabbing the bottle of Johnson and Johnson's, who by the way, loves slipping mineral oils, talcs, & paraffins in just about all of their products. Their body powder is mostly cornstarch which is overly drying to the skin. Pegasus uses more expensive ingredients which are soothing to the skin(and healthier) on a long term basis.

And just because I can I'm going to throw in a shameless plug here of my favorite soap by Pegasus:

Oatmeal Milk & Honey hot processed soap. I swear I can feel my skin sigh in relief when I use this stuff. The soft scent of warm honey is intoxicating. I love this soap!!! You can rub it on your skin to exfoliate because the mildly coarse oatmeal grains are perfectly distributed throughout the bar and then turn around and use the rich lather to shave with. Heck, I've washed my hair with it a few times and even my hair loves it.

No comments: